Asian Broccoli Chicken & Mushroom Stir-Fry is a quick, easy and delicious meal that you can throw together in just a few minutes midweek.
The star of this meal is broccoli, one of my favorite nutritional powerhouses. The key here is don’t overcook it, just take some of the crunch out. The leaves of the broccoli soak up the tart sauce and provide a pleasing counterbalance to the subtle mushrooms and chicken.
Serve immediately on it’s own or over cauliflower rice. Enjoy!
*Original recipe via Robyn Puglia.
Asian Broccoli Chicken & Mushroom Stir-Fry
- 6 tbsp tamari
- 6 tbsp bone broth or stock
- 3 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 6 tsp Olive Oil
- 3 medjool date minced
- 4 tbsp Coconut oil
- 1 head broccoli chopped into florets
- 2 organic chicken breasts
- 2 cups button mushrooms chopped
- 3 cloves Garlic minced or pressed through a garlic press
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger minced
- Sesame Seeds optional
- Combine the coconut aminos/tamari, broth, vinegar, olive oil, and date in a small bowl and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoons of coconut oil in a large skillet over high heat.
- Add the chicken and lightly brown, then set aside.
- Add a second tablespoon of coconut oil and toss the broccoli in. Stir fry lightly, then remove and set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon coconut oil, garlic, and ginger to pan and cook for just a few seconds, add the mushrooms and then add the liquid mixture and simmer for about 30-60 seconds or until thickened.
- Return broccoli and chicken to the pan and cook, turning once, until glazed with the sauce, about 1 minute.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The product mentioned in this article are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. The information in this article is not intended to replace any recommendations or relationship with your physician. Please review references sited at end of article for scientific support of any claims made.