But is there anything you can do to prevent mold growth in the first place? The answer is yes, and the key to preventing mold may lie with your home’s microbiome.
More and more we are discovering toxins in many household products and building materials. So, if you think your home is toxin-free, think again. A recently published study suggests that polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs) – well-known neurotoxins and carcinogens – may be lurking in the place you’d least expect: your kitchen cabinets.
If you’ve ever been to or lived in California, you might have noticed that there are cancer warnings on more products than anywhere else in the country. Now, when you reach for a bag of coffee beans, there is a warning that the coffee you’re about to buy may cause cancer. There are even warnings inside coffee shops on their signage. It’s enough to make you wonder if you should stop drinking coffee altogether.
In the functional medicine world, we are all about preventive care. But, there aren’t a ton of resources written on helpful testing – the sort to catch potential health conditions early or look deeper at the root cause of your symptoms.
Mold illness can be sneaky and symptoms may seemingly come from nowhere. Mold illness symptoms can range from low level and feel like a bout of flu you can’t shake to debilitating fatigue that makes getting through the day tough.
We’ve come a long way in our understanding chronic inflammatory response syndrome, also known as CIRS. Though we still have more to understand, living with mold toxicity and CIRS is no longer without solutions. I have some great tips for surviving and thriving after a mold exposure.
If you suffer from severe allergies, histamine intolerance, mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS) or any other condition that causes your histamine levels to be higher or your body to less tolerant – then you know firsthand how powerfully histamine can rule over your life.
Mast cells are an important part of your immune system, without them you would never heal from an injury. However, there is a condition where they become overactive and cause serious problems in the body – this condition is called mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS).
Have you been experiencing any stubborn, persistent symptoms lately that are seemingly unexplained? Does it seem like you have tried every over-the-counter medicine available to you and yet still get no relief? You may be one of the many people unknowingly living with or working around toxic mold. Today I want to walk you through…