One of my most favorite easy meals is slow cooker balsamic shredded beef! The reason it’s so easy is because it comes come with a laundry list of ingredients or steps in order to churn out some ridiculously delicious meat. While I enjoy cooking, I don’t have a ton of time. Recipes like this one make my life easier because they are so endlessly flavorful. There’s no browning of the meat required. I used to do that step, but out of sheer laziness one time, I didn’t do it. The meat came out just as good. Plus, this dish freezes really well. Just make sure to include the liquid from the dish, and you’ll be good to go.
Meal Ideas for Slow Cooker Balsamic Shredded Beef
1. Eat it with a sweet potato and roasted veggies.
2. Add it over gluten free pasta and top with some freshly grated parmesan cheese (if you’re okay with dairy. You can also add some peas to this version… it’s quite good. Just heat some up from your freezer!
3. Heat it up until it’s warm (not hot) and top a salad with it loaded with greens and other fresh veggies!
4. Make some tacos with it… it’s really good 🙂
These are a few ways that I’ve enjoyed this recipe. It’s really versatile and reheats well. Whatever you do, don’t throw away the liquid. If you want to drain the meat, that’s fine. But please save the liquid and use it. It can absolutely be frozen and used in the future. It’s just too good to waste!
Slow Cooker Balsamic Shredded Beef
- 3-4 lbs pot roast or short rib with bone removed
- 4 whole Onions large and sliced in moons
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 1 cup low or no sodium stock or broth Can be made from a bullion cube & water
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 6 oz. can tomato paste gluten free
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp black or white ground pepper
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 2 whole Bay leaves
- Prep carrots and onions and add them to the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Mix garlic powder, pepper and salt in a small bowl and set aside.
- Lightly coat the meat with the spice mixture and place in the slow cooker on top of the veggies.
- Heat up stock (or make it from 1 cup water + 1 bullion gluten free cube) in a small pot. Once it's almost boiling, add entire can of tomato paste and vinegar. Stir until incorporated well.
- Once all the meat is inside of the slow cooker (it's possible to use multiple pieces in this recipe), pour hot mixture over top.
- Add bay leaves by tucking them down opposite sides of the slow cooker so that they are in the meat rather than laying them on top.
- Place the lid and set the slow cooker to LOW. Cook for about 10 hours (ie. overnight).
- Meat will be very tender, fragrant, and easily shreddable with a fork when done. Before shredding the meat, make sure to remove the bay leaves. Then use two forks to pull the meat apart.
- Enjoy with the sauce or separate the meat and use on it's own.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The product mentioned in this article are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. The information in this article is not intended to replace any recommendations or relationship with your physician. Please review references sited at end of article for scientific support of any claims made.