She completed her residency at the University of Illinois in Family Medicine at Methodist Medical Center and received her medical degree from Loyola University Stritch School of Medicine in Chicago. She received her Bachelor of Science degree in Bioengineering at the University of Illinois at Champaign-Urbana.
Jill C. Carnahan, MD, ABIHM, IFMCP
Dr. Jill is survivor of both breast cancer and Crohn’s disease and passionate about teaching patients how to live well and thrive in the midst of complex and chronic illness. She is also a widely sought-after inspirational speaker and travels around the world to teach physicians the principles of personalized and functional medicine. She is a prolific writer, speaker, and loves to infuse others with her passion for hope, health and healing!
She has been featured in Shape Magazine, Parade, Forbes, MindBodyGreen, First for Women, Townsend Newsletter, and The Huffington Post as well as seen on NBC News and Health segments with Joan Lunden. She recently co-authored the Personalized and Precision Integrative Cardiovascular Medicine Textbook and her prescriptive memoir will be released by Harper Collins/Zondervan in the Fall of 2021.
Functional Medicine Consultant
Dr. Jill works as a functional medicine consultant in conjunction with your current health care team and is not considered a replacement for your primary care physician. She requires all new patients to have a primary care physician to cover emergencies and routine care and screening.
- University of Illinois Champagin-Urbana 1998
- Bachelor of Science Degree in BioEngineering
- Graduated with honors from Loyola University – Stritch School of Medicine 2003
- University of Illinois College of Medicine, Residency in Family Practice 2006
- ABIHM: American Board Integrative Holistic Medicine 2005
- IFMCP: Institute of Functional Medicine Certified Practitioner 2013
- ABoIM: American Board of Integrative Medicine 2016
Honors and Awards