It seems that human beings have been searching for the elusive “fountain of youth” since the dawn of time. From miracle creams to anti-aging pills – it’s clear we’re all searching for ways to fight the inevitable effects of time.
But what if there truly is a secret to slowing the effects of aging?
Research is finding mounting evidence that might just get us one step closer to preserving our youth for longer. What is this anti-aging secret you ask? A little molecule known as NAD+.
Today we’re going to look into exactly what NAD+ is, what it can and can’t do, and how you can get more of this miracle molecule in your life. Let’s dive in.
What Exactly Is NAD+?
NAD stands for nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide. NAD is what is known as a coenzyme – a helper molecule found in all living cells that plays a crucial role in many of the basic cellular functions that keep you alive such as:1,2
- Converting the food you eat into cellular energy
- Repairing DNA
- Fortifying your cellular defense system
NAD exists in 2 forms: NAD+ and NADH. NAD+ and NADH are 2 sides of the same coin depending on the location of the electrons within the molecule. You see, NAD assists with cellular functions and molecular reactions by shuffling around electrons.
Think of NAD kind of like a taxi cab. When the taxi cab is occupied and transporting an electron, it’s NADH. And when the cab is empty and ready to get to work and pick up a passenger electron, it’s NAD+.
NAD+’s ability to “pick up” electrons is why this little coenzyme packs such a powerful punch when it comes to your health.
Because NAD+ is vital for basic cellular functions, we quite literally can’t function without it. In a nutshell, without NAD+, all of our bodily processes come to a screeching halt. So it makes sense that if NAD+ levels are less than ideal, none of our body systems are going to be running optimally.
And on the flip side, if we boost our NAD+ levels, we can restore and enhance nearly every facet of our health. Boosting NAD+ levels have been found to:
- Decrease inflammation3
- Defend your cells against oxidative stress4
- Increase longevity5
- Protect brain cells6
- Promote a healthy sleep-wake cycle7
- Help keep blood vessels pliable – decreasing the risk of heart disease8
In particular, NAD+ has been gaining popularity for its impressive ability to support healthy aging. Seeing the benefits listed above, it’s easy to see how NAD+ promotes longevity and healthy aging throughout the body. But NAD+ can not only help you feel younger – it can help you look younger too.
NAD+ Skin Benefits
NAD+ naturally declines as we age. And one of the side effects of this decline is seen in your skin. You may notice decreased elasticity, fine lines, wrinkles, and possibly discoloration. But research is finding that NAD+ might just be the secret to keeping your skin healthy and maintaining that youthful glow. NAD+ benefits your skin in several ways including:9,10,11
Preserving Genomic Stability:
The cells that make up your skin have a high turnover rate – meaning your skin cells replicate and replace themselves more rapidly than other types of cells in your body. On top of that, your skin encounters a barrage of environmental insults such as sun exposure, pollutants, and exposure to toxins.
This combination makes your skin particularly susceptible to genomic instability – meaning an injury to your DNA which can alter the way your cells reproduce. NAD+ preserves the genomic stability of your skin cells, preventing skin damage and aging.
Promoting Synthesis of Compounds Essential to Skin Health:
Your skin relies on different compounds to maintain its health. NAD+ has been found to boost the production of a number of compounds that play a critical role in skin health such as:
- Hyaluronic acid
- Epidermal biopolymers (proteins)
These compounds all work together to help your skin maintain elasticity, structure, and moisture.
Boosting Cellular Energy:
NAD+ enhances the production of energy within your cells. This helps boost cellular activity, thereby promoting longevity and optimal function of your cells. NAD+ also improves your cells’ ability to defend themselves – making them more resilient to oxidative stress and damage. This boost in cellular energy levels keeps your cells functioning at a higher capacity for longer – slowing down the signs of aging.
NAD+ has been linked to such impressive anti-aging properties, it’s even been dubbed as “the fountain of youth.” You might be wondering exactly how you can reap the benefits of NAD+. Fortunately, there are some simple ways you can start boosting your NAD+ levels right away.
How to Increase NAD+ Levels Naturally
Let’s take a look at how to increase NAD+ levels naturally. Some of the simplest and most effective ways are to:
- Incorporate foods rich in NAD+ precursors: NAD+ is mainly synthesized from precursors that are a form of vitamin B3.12 So eating foods rich in B3 – like green veggies, fermented foods, and chicken – can help boost your NAD+ levels.
- Try intermittent fasting: Calorie restriction and fasting – even intermittently – can enhance your NAD+ levels.
- Get into ketosis: Ketosis occurs when your body begins burning fat for fuel rather than carbohydrates. Getting your body into ketosis can help maintain a healthy NAD+ vs NADH ratio.
- Workout: Exercising requires your body to use up NADH – therefore producing more NAD+.
Combining some or all of these steps into your routine can go a long way in keeping your NAD+ levels healthy.
But another simple and effective way to keep your NAD+ at optimal levels is to give yourself a boost with a concentrated dose of NAD+. The best ways to do this are by taking an NAD+ supplement and applying NAD+ directly to your skin.
NAD+ Supplement Treatment
While a pure NAD+ supplement wouldn’t survive digestion, taking one of NAD+’s most effective precursors is a powerful way to boost your NAD+ levels. And nicotinamide riboside – is an NAD+ precursor that’s been clinically proven to increase your NAD+ levels.
Simply taking a nicotinamide riboside supplement can improve your NAD+ levels. You can grab your own bottle of NAD+ boosting Tru Niagen Pro today, the most potent form available on the market by heading over to my online store – you can even snag 10% off your first order by clicking here.
While taking a daily supplement is an excellent way to boost your overall NAD+ levels, if you really want to reap the age-defying benefits of NAD+, I also recommend using a daily anti-aging NAD+ facial product.
NAD+ Face Cream and Serum
Applying our newly developed unique NAD+ cream or serum topically delivers this potent anti-aging compound directly to your skin cells. You will NOT find anything else like it on the market. This is a powerful way to get the anti-aging benefits – especially when you combine NAD+ with other damage and age-fighting ingredients such as:
- Epidermal Growth Factor (EGF): This polypeptide stimulates cell growth, promotes cellular proliferation, and enhances cellular health and longevity. EGF plays a particularly critical role in the regeneration of the cells that make up both layers of your skin – the dermis and epidermis.13
- Bio-Identical Polypeptides: Polypeptides are chains of amino acids that help your skin maintain structure and elasticity. Polypeptides that are chemically identical to those produced by your body help amp up your skin cells – minimizing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and improving your skin barrier.
- Potent Antioxidants: Antioxidants are compounds that fight free radicals – unstable molecules that cause oxidative damage to your cells and tissues. Keeping free radical levels in check with adequate antioxidants is key to combating the damage that contributes to the visible signs of skin aging.
This blend of ingredients packs a powerful punch when it comes to fighting the signs of aging and giving your skin a vibrant, youthful glow. And that’s why I’ve created my cutting-edge, research-backed NAD+ face day cream and night serum combining all these potent age-defying ingredients.
My Intensive Day Serum NAD + Peptides and Intensive Night Cream NAD + Peptides are formulated with the most comprehensive and top-notch quality ingredients – perfectly calibrated to fight signs of aging and keep your skin healthy, glowing, and radiant.
Beautiful Skin From the Inside Out
NAD+ is a powerful way to combat the inevitable changes that come with aging. Finding ways to naturally boost your NAD+ and incorporating an NAD+ skincare routine can go a long way in helping you age gracefully. But the truth is, to truly maintain your health, vigor, and radiance as you age, you must take a big picture approach.
There’s no single miracle supplement or cream that is the key to health or aging well. The way you eat, move, sleep, and think on a daily basis creates the foundation of your health – and the day-to-day choices you make add up in a big way. That’s why I’m dedicated to bringing my patients and readers easy to understand and up-to-date information – so you can create a foundation of vibrant health for the rest of your lives.
If you enjoyed this article and want to learn more about how you can create radiant health from the inside out, you can check out my blog – it’s full of research-backed information to help you make your health a priority. And if you want to take it even deeper, I encourage you to sign up for my newsletter – you’ll get exclusive access to my very best tips and resources delivered straight to your inbox. All you have to do is enter your name and email address in the form below.
Now it’s time to hear from you. Were you surprised to learn about all the health benefits of NAD+? What steps are you taking to boost your NAD+ levels? Leave your questions and thoughts in the comments below!
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The product mentioned in this article are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. The information in this article is not intended to replace any recommendations or relationship with your physician. Please review references sited at end of article for scientific support of any claims made.