Dr. Jill’s Favorite Healthy Paleo Snack Options… Paleo Safe Options On the Go from Dr. Jill Carnahan. You’ve been asking for healthy snack ideas that are loaded with protein and low glycemic so this week I put together a bunch of my favorites, including travel and to-go ideas…Check it out!
- Paleo Apple slices with 2 tablespoons of almond butter or sunflower butter
- ½ cup hummus with fresh veggies (cucumber, celery, carrot, broccoli, bell peppers, carrots, etc…)
- Make your own trail mix with combination of raw nuts, seeds (pumpkin, chia, sesame, sunflower), shredded coconut, raw cocoa nibs – serving ½ cup
- Baggie of your favorite raw nuts: almonds, walnuts, pecans, cashews, macadamia nuts with ½ cup freeze dried berries
- ½ baked green apple with cinnamon and ¼ cup coconut milk Organic Nitrate-free Turkey (Boar’s Head or Applegate) and guacamole role ups (2 slices turkey with 2 tablespoons fresh guacamole)
- Tin or packet of wild salmon, sardines, or paté
- Sliced avocado eaten with sea salt & spoon
- 2 nori veggie wraps with shredded carrot, leafy greens, hummus & ½ avocado
- 2 tablespoons of unsweetened sunflower nut butter sprinkled with cinnamon and/or raw cocoa nibs
- 1 or 2 squares TCHO 99% dark chocolate with corner dipped in organic coconut butter
- Protein “latte” = 1 serving espresso with 8 oz. of coconut/almond milk and scoop of chocolate or vanilla Thorne Vegalite powder
- Homemade kale chips with 2 tablespoons of hummus or 2 sticks of gluten-free jerky (no yeast extract, please)
- ½ cup sliced almonds and fresh berries in bowl with ½ cup of pure organic coconut milk (full fat version in can) – optional add organic cinnamon or raw cocoa powder.
- Chocolate protein smoothie – 1 scoop chocolate or vanilla Thorne Vegalite (Paleo) blended with ice and coconut/almond milk (optional ½ frozen banana) and 1-2 teaspoons of raw cocoa powder
- Chia cereal = 2 tablespoons chia + 1 tablespoon hemp seed mixed soaked in 4 oz of coconut milk or water. May add few drops of stevia to desired sweetness or fresh blueberries!
- To-go packets of organic nut butter or coconut butter – Easy squeeze instant snack for purse or travel. (My picks= Artisana coconut butter or sunflower nut butter packets)
I hope you found these Paleo Safe Options On the Go to your liking, we will be adding more paleo options in the future.