Technology and indoor mold may seem like completely unrelated topics at first glance. But if you’ve ever struggled with the symptoms of mold toxicity or are recovering from a mold-related illness, these two topics have an intricate connection that you need to know about.
More and more research is finding that the electromagnetic frequencies emitted from technology – even “green” more environmentally friendly forms of technology – can add a significant load to your total toxic burden and actually exacerbate symptoms of mold toxicity.
Today we’re going to dive into this fascinating link between modern technology and mold illness and more importantly, we’ll cover exactly what steps you can take to protect yourself.
Understanding Total Toxic Burden
In simplest terms, your total toxic burden is the collective accumulation of different toxins within your body.1 Encountering “toxins” isn’t inherently a negative thing. You see, our bodies are actually designed to neutralize and eliminate toxins through various natural detoxification pathways. But thanks to many modern-day advances, our world is becoming increasingly toxic, which causes your total toxic burden to tip from healthy to dangerous.
An easy way to think of your toxic burden is to imagine a bucket. Your body is well-equipped to handle a certain amount of toxins – as long as they can fit within this “toxin bucket.” But if the amount of toxins entering your body exceeds your ability to detox and process them out, this bucket can begin overflowing.
Now let’s zoom in on one “toxin” in particular that is a growing concern – EMF’s.
What Exactly Are EMFs?
Electromagnetic fields, or EMFs for short, are invisible fields of energy that can either be natural or man-made. EMFs are created when energy or electricity flows in any given direction.2 That means the sun, the earth, and even your own cells have their own fields of energy flowing around and within them.
But considering the fact that we now rely heavily on man-made electricity and technology, it’s no surprise that EMF levels have been steadily climbing across the globe.
Man-made EMFs are emitted from just about any piece of modern technology you can think of, including:
- Radio signals
- Power lines
- Cell phones
- MRI machines
- UV lights
But these aren’t the only places EMFs are hiding out. As we collectively move toward more environmentally friendly and “green” choices in an effort to protect our environment, we are also inadvertently increasing a different type of pollution – EMF pollution.
How “Green” Choices Can Increase EMF Exposure
While there’s certainly no perfect solution as of yet, most of us can agree that making eco-friendly choices is important for our future. Creating earth-friendly technology and finding natural energy sources are ways we can protect our planet.
Emerging technologies, like solar energy panels and electric car batteries, have been gaining traction as solutions to worldwide pollution – but there’s more to the story. You see, technology like electric car batteries and solar panels also emit EMFs.
Being in frequent or even constant contact with these elevated levels of EMFs can have serious consequences for your health. In fact, there are even lawsuits in motion against various companies due to the damaging effects of the EMFs emitted from their environmentally friendly technology. For example, the car company Nissan is under fire and being sued for a whopping one billion dollars after a man suffered crippling radiation from spending a significant amount of time driving in an electric car with a battery emitting dangerously high levels of EMFs.3
So how exactly can EMFs emitted from electric car batteries, solar panels, or any other piece of technology really cause enough damage to prompt a lawsuit seeking one billion dollars? Let’s investigate.
EMF Dangers: What Exactly Do EMFs Do to Your Body?
Exactly how EMFs can harm your body is a complex process, but it goes something like this:4,5,6
- Step 1: As EMFs are absorbed into your body, they change the frequency of your cell membrane and trigger alterations in the extracellular matrix.
- Step 2: If this alteration is left unchecked it becomes pathological and disrupts proteins, enzymatic reactions, DNA translation-mutation, and cellular processes while simultaneously spiking free radical concentrations.
- Step 3: Free radicals are unstable, highly reactive, and highly destructive atoms that can spread like wildfire through your body – causing what’s known as oxidative stress.
- Step 4: Oxidative stress injures crucial components of the structure of your cells – hindering their ability to function properly.
- Step 5: On a larger scale this creates widespread inflammation, compromises the immune system, and destabilizes the autonomic nervous system.
This disruption of your cells can throw your whole body out of whack – creating a slew of side effects.
What Are the Symptoms of EMF Exposure?
If you’re exposed to elevated levels of EMFs or have an EMF hypersensitivity, you may experience a constellation of vague and widespread symptoms such as:
- Difficulty concentrating
- Heart palpitations
- Digestive issues
- Red skin
- Burning sensation
- Muscle aches and pains
And if the harmful effects of EMFs are left unchecked, chronic exposure can lead to some serious consequences for your health – causing conditions like:7,8,9,10
- Chronic fatigue syndrome
- Skin conditions and rashes
- Reproductive issues
- Neurological disorders and deficits
And because EMFs add to your toxic load, exposure to these invisible fields of energy can interact with and exacerbate the damage done by other toxins. In particular, EMF exposure has been found to have a significant impact on a condition known as mold illness.
What Is Mold Illness?
Exposure to mold and its toxic metabolites (known as mycotoxins) can cause a condition known as mold illness. Mold illness occurs when the microscopic poisons found within mold sneak their way into your body and begin wreaking havoc – causing a vast array of side effects ranging from mild to life-threatening.
Just a handful of mold illness’s possible effects include:11
- Allergic reactions and respiratory infections
- Damage to the neurological system
- Systemic infections
- Liver and kidney toxicity
- Suppression of the immune system
To learn more about the toxic impact mold and mycotoxins can have on your health, you can head over and check out all of my mold resources.
So how is it that elevated EMF exposure can exacerbate the symptoms seen in mold illness?
EMFs and Mold: What’s the Connection?
EMFs and mold are a daunting duo that can do a serious number on your body.
You see, if you’ve been exposed to toxic mold and are struggling with mold illness, exposure to EMFs can amplify its detrimental effects in three major ways:12,13,14
- Increasing your toxic burden: If you’re struggling with mold illness, your body is already working double time just to manage your overflowing toxic load. Adding in another stream of toxins in the form of EMFs can send your body into a tailspin – causing your mold toxicity symptoms to skyrocket out of control.
- Inducing mold growth: Studies have found that mold growing in homes or buildings can actually be amplified by EMFs – causing mold to grow more rapidly and spread further.
- Stimulating the release of mycotoxins: EMFs may also trigger the mold spores floating around in your body to release more mycotoxins. That means a surge in the amount of these poisonous biotoxins making their way throughout your cells and wreaking havoc.
While this might sound alarming at first, this actually isn’t all bad news. Because if we know that EMFs are causing flare-ups, then we can do something about it.
How Can I Protect Myself From EMF Exposure?
Shielding yourself from the harmful effects of EMFs requires a proactive “big-picture” approach.
Here’s what I recommend:
Boost Your Body’s Detoxification Pathways
Exposure to EMFs and other toxins is an unavoidable reality of life. But taking steps to enhance your body’s ability to neutralize and eliminate these toxins can go a long way in protecting yourself.
Some of the most effective ways to boost your detox abilities are:
- Reduce your overall toxic burden (learn how here).
- Eat a balanced anti-inflammatory diet full of nutrient-dense whole foods and minimal processed foods.
- Practice earthing – the practice of grounding yourself to stabilize your internal bioelectric environment (learn more about earthing right here).
- Incorporate detox-boosting modalities like detox-binding supplements, infrared saunas, and PEMF therapy.
Equally as important as boosting your detox capabilities, is minimizing EMF exposure.
Minimize Your Exposure to EMFs
While you can’t eradicate EMF exposure, you can minimize it through some of the following steps:
- Keep your devices out of your pockets and away from your body when not in use
- Unplug your Wi-fi router when you’re not actively using it
- When possible, use an ethernet cord instead of Wi-fi
- Shut your devices off or switch them to airplane mode when you’re not using them
- Do your research before investing in “green” or environmentally friendly products to determine their EMF-producing levels
- Avoid spending extended periods of time in or around buildings or vehicles that are known to have higher levels of EMF emissions
While these steps can go a long way in minimizing your exposure to EMFs, there’s one more powerfully effective way that you can mitigate the harmful effects of EMF radiation.
Aires Tech EMF-Shielding Devices: Top-Rated EMF Protection
Safeguarding yourself from EMFs doesn’t have to be complicated and certainly doesn’t require moving off the grid or avoiding technology. Shielding yourself against harmful EMFs can actually be just about as painless and uncomplicated as ever thanks to Aires Tech’s newest top-rated EMF protection products.
Aires Tech has patented breakthrough technology that’s been scientifically proven to transform the energy from EMF radiation into a more biologically congruent form of energy. These products absorb, restructure, and realign these invisible fields of energy before they make their way to you – keeping harmful EMFs from ever entering your body.
These small, sleek devices are easy to wear on your body or place in your home – inconspicuously providing unparalleled protection and performance against EMFs. These EMF-shielding devices are a must-have in every home to defend against increasing EMF levels. Click here to learn more about Aires Tech’s patented technology and get your own device today (You can even get 10% off your order by using the code DRJILL10)!
When It Comes to Recovering From Mold Illness, It Pays to Be Proactive
If you’re recovering from mold illness or concerned that you may be struggling with toxic mold exposure, you are hands-down your own best advocate. I cannot overemphasize the importance of educating yourself and being proactive in your day-to-day choices. Taking steps to protect yourself from EMFs is crucial in healing mold illness.
That’s why I’m dedicated to empowering you with the knowledge and resources you need to make informed decisions about your health. The information and steps outlined in this article are an excellent place to start. And I strongly encourage you to invest in a defense system like Aires Tech’s EMF shielding devices to protect you while working under the guidance of a functional medicine doctor.
If you’re looking for even more information and easy-to-implement ways to be proactive in your recovery, head over and check out the hundreds of articles on my blog. You can even get my best advice delivered straight to your inbox by entering your name and email address in the form below.
Now it’s time to hear from you. Were you surprised to learn that EMFs can actually induce mold growth and make mold illness worse? Did you know that certain “green” environmentally friendly choices emit high levels of EMFs? Leave your questions and thoughts in the comments below!
- Body Burden – an overview | ScienceDirect Topics
- Electric & Magnetic Fields (nih.gov)
- $10 Million Nissan LEAF Electromagnetic Radiation Injury Lawsuit Filed in Georgia – Environmental Health Trust (ehtrust.org)
- Electromagnetic Fields, Oxidative Stress, and Neurodegeneration (nih.gov)
- Effects of electromagnetic fields exposure on the antioxidant defense system (nih.gov)
- Extremely low-frequency electromagnetic fields cause DNA strand breaks in normal cells (nih.gov)
- Cancer epidemiology update, following the 2011 IARC evaluation of radiofrequency electromagnetic fields (Monograph 102) – ScienceDirect
- The role of electromagnetic fields in neurological disorders – PubMed (nih.gov)
- A Prospective Cohort Study of Adolescents’ Memory Performance and Individual Brain Dose of Microwave Radiation from Wireless Communication (nih.gov)
- Health risks linked to electromagnetic field exposure — ScienceDaily
- CPSC Statement on mold and mycotoxins health effects
- Kalpana.Patel.pdf (dropbox.com)
- EMR Induces Mold and Yeast Growth: The Evidence | World-News (wordpress.com)
- EMFs And Indoor Mold – The Deadly Connection (electricsense.com)
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The product mentioned in this article are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. The information in this article is not intended to replace any recommendations or relationship with your physician. Please review references sited at end of article for scientific support of any claims made.