This recipe was originally posted on Cleveland Clinic.
You’re going to scream for this ice cream. Why? Because it’s incredibly delicious and yet it’s made without a drop of milk and hardly any sugar (yes, really). The magic ingredient? Bananas. When they’re frozen and blended they form the sweet, creamy base of this delicious dessert. Add lots of cherries, a little almond butter, and bittersweet chocolate and you have a nutritious treat everyone will love. Whether you make the quick, soft-serve version or the longer, hard-packed one, everyone will be lining up for this ice cream.
Cherry Chocolate-Chip Ice Cream
- 1 small banana
- 12 oz frozen cherries
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1 oz bittersweet chocolate finely chopped
- In a food processor or blender, combine the banana, cherries and almond butter.
- Puree until smooth and creamy.
- Blend in the chocolate.
- Spoon into bowls and serve. If you like a firm ice cream, freeze for two hours to three hours, then scoop to serve.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The product mentioned in this article are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. The information in this article is not intended to replace any recommendations or relationship with your physician. Please review references sited at end of article for scientific support of any claims made.