Mineral Rich Nettles Pesto
- 3 cups fresh nettles or 1 cup dried nettles soaked in 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup Parsley rinsed
- 3-4 garlic cloves peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 3/4 cup Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup Lemon Juice plus 1 tsp. zest
- 1/2 cup parmesan grated optional
- 1/2 tsp real sea salt
- If you are using fresh nettles, blanch quickly in hot salted water. If using dried nettles, soak overnight in room temperature water (or 6-8 hours). Drain excess water.
- Add nettles, parsley, garlic, walnuts, olive oil, lemon juice, parmesan and sea salt.
- Pulse until smooth and creamy.
- Spread the pesto on top of sourdough toast, crackers, fish, chicken, or pasta. Or you can use it as a dip for your next veggie crudite. Any way you decide to eat it, it’ll surely give you the protein and mineral boost you need.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The product mentioned in this article are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. The information in this article is not intended to replace any recommendations or relationship with your physician. Please review references sited at end of article for scientific support of any claims made.