Rado Nutrition‘s Eggplant Fries is a great snack for your family! It is nutritious and delicious. Your kids will LOVE it!
Nutritional Value Of Eggplant
The wonderful health benefits of eggplants are primarily derived from its vitamin, mineral, and nutrient content. Eggplants are a rich source of vitamin C, vitamin K,vitamin B6, thiamin, niacin, magnesium, phosphorous, copper, dietary fiber, folic acid, potassium, and manganese. It is also contains almost no cholesterol, or saturated fat. (source)
Research on eggplant has focused on an anthocyanin phytonutrient found in eggplant skin called nasunin. Nasunin is a potent antioxidant and free radical scavenger that has been shown to protect cell membranes from damage. In animal studies, nasunin has been found to protect the lipids (fats) in brain cell membranes. Cell membranes are almost entirely composed of lipids and are responsible for protecting the cell from free radicals, letting nutrients in and wastes out, and receiving instructions from messenger molecules that tell the cell which activities it should perform. (source)
- 1 medium eggplant thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups Almond Meal
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary chopped
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 Egg
- 1 tbsp Extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Stir together the almond meal, rosemary, thyme, paprika, and salt in a shallow dish.
- In a separate dish, whisk the egg and olive oil together.
- Dip an eggplant slice into the egg mixture and then dredge in the almond flour mixture. Place on the baking sheet and repeat with the remaining eggplant.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, turning once, until the fries are crispy and golden brown. Serve immediately.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The product mentioned in this article are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. The information in this article is not intended to replace any recommendations or relationship with your physician. Please review references sited at end of article for scientific support of any claims made.