Dr. Jill’s Top Ten Recommended Books for the New Year!
I just love new beginnings! Two-thousand and sixteen was an exceptionally difficult year for me personally. However, one thing I have learned is that I was born to overcome! Many of you know I beat breast cancer in 2001 and Crohn’s disease one year later in 2002. (you can read my story here)
What I know to be true is that with difficulty and suffering also comes deep insight and personal growth. Even though I am looking forward to a new year and a fresh start, I wouldn’t trade any of these experiences for the soul wisdom I have gained in the process. I’ve learned that I am stronger than I thought and more resilient than I ever believed possible. I have also learned that faith, hope and love truly do overcome all barriers. As 2016 comes to a close and we begin anew, I would like to share with you some of the books that have impacted me most in the previous year. I sure hope you will enjoy them as much as I have!
Here are the top ten books that most impacted me in the past year:
- The Power of I Am: Two Words That Will Change Your Life Today
- Wired for Love: Understanding Your Partner’s Brain and Attachment Style Can Help you Diffuse Conflict and Build a Secure Relationship
- Rising Strong: The Reckoning, The Rumble, The Revolution
- Expectation Hangover: Free Yourself from your Past, Change Your Present, and Get What you Really Want.
- Switch on Your Brain: The Key To Peak Happiness, Thinking, and Health
- The Healing Power of Illness: Understanding What your Symptoms Are Telling You
- Thoughts Are Things: Turning Your Ideas Into Realities
- The Healing Path: How the Hurts in Your Past Can Lead to a more Abundant Life
- Love is Letting Go of Fear, third edition
- This Life I Live: One Man’s Extraordinary, Ordinary Life and the Woman Who Changed it Forever. Be sure to pre-order my cousin Rory Feek’s profound and moving autobiography. I am not exaggerating by saying this may be my favorite book of the decade! (I read the pre-release copy a few weeks ago 🙂 )
- FINAL TIP: Sharing my newest productivity tool: [email protected] Scientifically optimized music to help you focus… check it out and let me know if you find it as helpful as I have!
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The product mentioned in this article are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. The information in this article is not intended to replace any recommendations or relationship with your physician. Please review references sited at end of article for scientific support of any claims made.