Dr. Jill’s Top Ten Recommended Books for the New Year!
I just love new beginnings! Two-thousand and sixteen was an exceptionally difficult year for me personally. However, one thing I have learned is that I was born to overcome! Many of you know I beat breast cancer in 2001 and Crohn’s disease one year later in 2002. (you can read my story here)
What I know to be true is that with difficulty and suffering also comes deep insight and personal growth. Even though I am looking forward to a new year and a fresh start, I wouldn’t trade any of these experiences for the soul wisdom I have gained in the process. I’ve learned that I am stronger than I thought and more resilient than I ever believed possible. I have also learned that faith, hope and love truly do overcome all barriers. As 2016 comes to a close and we begin anew, I would like to share with you some of the books that have impacted me most in the previous year. I sure hope you will enjoy them as much as I have!
Here are the top ten books that most impacted me in the past year:
- The Power of I Am: Two Words That Will Change Your Life Today
- Wired for Love: Understanding Your Partner’s Brain and Attachment Style Can Help you Diffuse Conflict and Build a Secure Relationship
- Rising Strong: The Reckoning, The Rumble, The Revolution
- Expectation Hangover: Free Yourself from your Past, Change Your Present, and Get What you Really Want.
- Switch on Your Brain: The Key To Peak Happiness, Thinking, and Health
- The Healing Power of Illness: Understanding What your Symptoms Are Telling You
- Thoughts Are Things: Turning Your Ideas Into Realities
- The Healing Path: How the Hurts in Your Past Can Lead to a more Abundant Life
- Love is Letting Go of Fear, third edition
- This Life I Live: One Man’s Extraordinary, Ordinary Life and the Woman Who Changed it Forever. Be sure to pre-order my cousin Rory Feek’s profound and moving autobiography. I am not exaggerating by saying this may be my favorite book of the decade! (I read the pre-release copy a few weeks ago 🙂 )
- FINAL TIP: Sharing my newest productivity tool: [email protected] Scientifically optimized music to help you focus… check it out and let me know if you find it as helpful as I have!