Pumpkin Spice has quickly become everyones' favorite Fall flavor. As soon as the summer comes to an end, pumpkin spice-flavored treats make their appearance just about, well, everywhere. Those treats, however, are usually not the healthiest. So instead of indulging in the seasonal lattes and cookies, consider making your own pumpkin-spiced treats!
Start your morning in true fall fashion with these delicious Pumpkin Spice Waffles! This Grain-Free, Dairy-Free, Nut-Free, Seed-Free recipe was kindly shared by Brandi Mackenzie. Be sure to check out her Pumpkin Spice Latte recipe as well.
“I have never been in to making waffles… until this year when I got an amazing waffle maker for my birthday! I always liked to make pancakes, but they take foreverrrrr, so it was a real process to do so. Waffles are so easy and pretty flawless when you’ve got the right batter and a great machine. It’s been a whole new world for me (maybe even too convenient)! Since it’s fall and you love pumpkin spiced things (and I am guessing, you love waffles too), I’ve created an amazing fall waffle recipe. The recipe is paleo, dairy-free, nut-free and made with a blend of coconut and sweet potato flour.”
Thank you Brandi!
Pumpkin Spice Waffles
- 3 Eggs whisked
- 1/4 cup Avocado Oil
- 1/4 cup Coconut Milk full fat
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup Coconut Flour
- 1/4 cup Sweet Potato Flour
- 1/2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice Blend
- 1/4 tsp Saigon Cinnamon ground
- 1/2 tsp Ginger ground
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- Pre-heat waffle maker to medium heat.
- Combine liquid ingredients in large mixing bowl, blending well..
- Add all dry ingredients, except baking soda, to liquids. Mix until no clumps remain and the batter is slightly gummy .
- Add in baking soda, mixing well, and let sit for about 1 minute before using.
- Pour half of the batter into the middle of the waffle iron. Using a spatula, gently pull towards sides of iron. It will not likely come to edges, as the batter is thicker than traditional waffle mix.
- Bake waffle until steam no longer releases from batter.
- Remove from waffle iron and use the remaining batter for second waffle.
- Place waffle in oven at low (200F) to keep warm if serving immediately. Or, refrigerate in airtight glass container and re-heat in toaster.
- Upon serving, top with refined coconut oil (no coconut flavor), collagen infused maple syrup or granola.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The product mentioned in this article are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. The information in this article is not intended to replace any recommendations or relationship with your physician. Please review references sited at end of article for scientific support of any claims made.