Lowering Your Cholesterol Levels, Naturally
One in four Americans over the age of 45 are now taking a statin drug, despite the fact that there are over 900 studies proving their adverse effects, which run the gamut from muscle problems to diabetes and increased cancer risk.
Statins deplete your body of CoQ10, which can have devastating results. If you take statin drugs without taking CoQ10, your health is at serious risk. Unfortunately, this describes the majority of people who take them in the United States. CoQ10 is a cofactor (co-enzyme) that is essential for the creation of ATP molecules, which you need for cellular energy production. Organs such as your heart have higher energy requirements, and therefore require more CoQ10 to function properly. Produced mainly in your liver, it also plays a role in maintaining blood glucose.
There’s really no reason to take statins and suffer the damaging health effects from these dangerous drugs. The fact is that 75 percent of your cholesterol is produced by your liver, which is influenced by your insulin levels. Therefore, if you optimize your insulin level, you will automatically optimize your cholesterol. It follows, then, that the recommendations for safely regulating your cholesterol have to do with modifying your diet and lifestyle.
10 Steps to Optimize Your Cholesterol Without Statins
- Optimize your vitamin D levels. Research shows the extreme importance of appropriate sun exposure for normalizing your cholesterol levels and preventing heart disease.
- Reduce, with the plan of eliminating, grains and sugars in your diet. Ideally, you’ll want to consume a many fresh leafy greens and vegetables, too.
- Make sure you are getting plenty of high quality fish oil
- Other heart-healthy foods include olive oil, coconut and coconut oil, organic eggs, avocados, raw nuts and seeds, and organic grass-fed meats as appropriate for your nutritional type.
- Exercise daily. Even a 20min power-walk will do.
- Address stress! Use prayer and meditation on scripture
- Avoid smoking or drinking alcohol excessively.
- Be sure to get plenty of good, restorative sleep.
- Take Red Yeast Rice as directed (Thorne Choleast 2-4 caps daily)
- Unlike statin drugs, which lower your cholesterol at the expense of your health, these strategies represent a holistic approach that will benefit your overall health and heart!