This Vegan Strawberry Coconut Ice Cream is deliciously creamy, no churn and so easy to make! You only need 4 ingredients! This recipe originally appeared on Jessica In The Kitchen.
The coconut cream makes it incredibly creamy, the strawberry flavour is really prevalent in it and the maple syrup adds a delicious sweetness to it. I love that it isn’t over sweet, but just right to stay refreshing for the summer. The vanilla bean actually ties it all in. It added a huge amount of flavour to it and these beautiful specks of vanilla.
Vegan Strawberry Coconut Ice Cream
- 4 cups frozen strawberries
- 28 oz. coconut cream from cans of coconut milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- Add the coconut cream to a food processor or blender and blend for a minute or two.
- Add the frozen strawberries, coconut cream, vanilla extract, and maple syrup into a food processor or blender and mix together until thick and creamy and combined.
- If using ICE CREAM MACHINE: Place the ice cream base into a freezer-safe container in the refrigerator for 2 hours to set up before freezing. Freeze the ice cream according to the manufacturer's instructions for your machine.
- No Machine/No Churn: Place all ice cream base into a freezer-safe container and place in the freezer and allow to freeze for 1 hour. Ensure it is covered. Whisk slightly every 20 minutes to avoid it getting too icy for 3-4 hours. It should be getting thicker after each whisking, until it's firm enough to scoop. To eat: serve immediately or when you are ready for it (after it's been in the freezer), thaw for 5-10 minutes and scoop with an ice cream scoop.
Store this ice cream in a freeze safe container. For the best taste and texture it is advised that you store it no longer than 2 weeks. A FEW NOTES
1. You can buy coconut cream or make it from full fat coconut milk. Place a can of coconut milk in the fridge overnight. Remove, turn upside down, open and pour off the liquid coconut water on top (you can drink it or use it in a smoothie). Then use the thick coconut cream that is left in the recipe.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The product mentioned in this article are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. The information in this article is not intended to replace any recommendations or relationship with your physician. Please review references sited at end of article for scientific support of any claims made.