Cashew Butter Brownies + Homemade Cashew Butter. Satisfy your sweet tooth with these delicious Cashew Butter Brownies! This recipe was shared by Brandi Mackenzie. She says,
“So, with a partially stocked pantry, I perused a few paleo brownie recipes, and came up with this modification. It is quick, simple, can be substituted to use different nut or seed butters, more or less sweetner and whatever kind of chocolate chips or chocolate bar pieces you like… and you probably have most everything you need in the kitchen already.”
Did you love this recipe? Don’t miss a single one!! Join today and get your FREE copy of Dr. Jill’s Paleolicious Snack Ideas!
Cashew butter is a food spread made from raw or roasted cashews. It is rich and creamy in flavour and when stored the oils and solids separate easily requiring it to be mixed before each use. It is recommended to store the cashew butter in the refrigerator after the first use to prevent it from going rancid.
In one tablespoon of unsalted cashew butter there is 94 calories, 12 percent of the daily value of fat and 8 percent of the daily value of saturated fat. However, it contains less fat than most other types of nuts
Cashew Butter Brownies + Homemade Cashew Butter
CASHEW BUTTER BROWNIES with Cocoa Mojo
- 1 cup Cashew Butter recipe for homemade below
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 1/4 cup Cocoa Mojo OR Cacao Powder Cocoa Mojo is a delicious blend of raw cacao, coconut sugar and medicinal mushrooms made by Enerhealth Botanicals
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 cup Chocolate Chips use 1/2 cup Chocolate Chips if substituting unsweetened cacao powder
- 4 cups Cashews
- 1/2 cup Expeller-Pressed or Refined Coconut Oil if you use regular, unrefined coconut oil, the taste will be very different!
Cashew Butter Brownies
- Pre-heat oven to 325F degrees. Line a 9×5 loaf pan with parchment paper. Note: If you have a stand mixer, use that for ease. Otherwise, all can be combined by hand.
- Place cashew butter in a mixing bowl and whisk until oil is blended well and butter is light with air. Add egg, then vanilla and honey; continue whisking until fully incorporated.
- Combine cocoa, salt and baking soda. Add into cashew butter mixture.
- Lastly, fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into loaf pan and bake for 25-35 minutes, until slightly firm, but still with a little jiggle. This time will vary based on your oven, the type of butter used and the amount of oil in the butter.
- Remove from oven and let cool for at least ten minutes before serving. Enjoy!
- Place cashews into high speed blender. Blend on medium until a meal is formed. Then, place on high until oils begins to come out of cashews.
- Add coconut oil into blender, and use tamper to further blend the nuts, on medium-high. You want coconut oil and cashews to be a smooth, buttery mixture.
- Remove from blender. Store in an airtight, glass container at room temperature for up to three months.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The product mentioned in this article are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. The information in this article is not intended to replace any recommendations or relationship with your physician. Please review references sited at end of article for scientific support of any claims made.