Stewed Healing Apples and Immune Cofactors
Stewed Apples Recipe courtesy of http://www.nleducation.co.uk
You will find on JillCarnahan.com that we have many other great recipes on offer, so head on over to our Healthy Recipe Section for a large collection of soups, starts, snacks and main courses and of course some healthy treats for you and the family.
Stewed Apples with Cinnamon
- 6 Rome or Granny Smith cooking apples Can use (organic) apples of choice
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Raisins/Sultanas (for added sweetness and fibre)
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- Peel and core the apples and chop them into small evenly sized pieces.
- Put all the ingredients in a covered, heavy-bottomed pan and cook for about 15 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Cook until soft with rough shapes, no longer identifiable as apple slices. The colour should be a russet brown with the cinnamon effect.
- These may be eaten warm, or cold. I suggest making up as many ramekins (sized to hold 1 – 1.5 apple equivalent in each and covered and put in the fridge for easy access.
Ingredients for secondary stage
- 1 tsp. of larch arabinogalactans stirred into the apple
- 1 Saccharomyces Boulardii 250mg capsule sprinkled on the top – or swallowed separately
- 1 mix of Bifidobacteria (mixed strains) (500mg) 5billion CFU sprinkled on top – or swallowed separately
- 1 x LGG sprinkled on top – or swallowed separately
- ½ container of organic natural yogurt or soy equivalent
- Add 6-8 blueberries and 4-5 almonds in their skins
- Finally, if required, a teaspoon of Manuka honey
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The product mentioned in this article are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. The information in this article is not intended to replace any recommendations or relationship with your physician. Please review references sited at end of article for scientific support of any claims made.