Original recipe here.
PERFECT SUGAR COOKIES
Who doesn’t love sugar cookies? They’re sweet, crispy, chewy – pretty much the perfect treat for any time. But, what’s a cinnamon loving girl to do with regular sugar cookies? Add some cinnamon, of course!
These Cinnamon Sugar Cookies are my perfect cookie. A little crispy bite on the outside, dense and chewy on the inside, just sweet enough with a little bit of spice…so yum! And with only 6 ingredients and 15 minutes, they’re sure to be your favorite cookie too!
Add in a heart cookie cutter and have the perfect Valentine treat.
|Per cookie this recipe:||Per cookie Original recipe:|
|Total fat||7.4 gms||7.4 gms|
|Total carbohydrates||3.4 gms||8.6 gms|
|Fiber||1.8 gms||1.3 gms|
|Sugars||0.5 gms||5.2 gms|
|Protein||3.0 gms||2.7 gms|
Nutrient analysis using Self Magazine’s NutritionData.com
Low Carb Version of Dr. Jill’s Cinnamon Sugar Cookies
- 2 1/2 cups Super-fine ground almond flour (scoop and level off)
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon powder I double this
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 cup Barney Butter Smooth Almond Butter No Added Sugar or Salt
- 1 1/2 tsp Boyagian maple flavor available online from King Arthur Flour
- 3/4 cup DaVinci Sugar-free syrup, Sweetener flavor (I add 24 drops of Sweetzfree pure sucralose liquid sweetener to match sweetness of maple syrup
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract I triple this
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two 12” X 16” baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, whisk together the almond flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the almond butter, maple syrup and vanilla extract.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry while stirring. Stir well to thoroughly combine. The dough will be sticky, but this is what you want.
- Roll or scoop the dough into 1 Tbsp portions and place on the parchment lined baking sheet. Space the balls of dough out on the baking sheet with a few inches in between. NOTE: These sugar-free cookies do NOT spread by themselves, and make much smaller cookies than the original recipe.
- For best texture, remove pan from oven and squash cookie balls after about 10 minutes of baking.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes, until they brown a bit at edges and tops.
- Leave on the baking sheet for a few minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The product mentioned in this article are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. The information in this article is not intended to replace any recommendations or relationship with your physician. Please review references sited at end of article for scientific support of any claims made.