Animal Crackers recipe was originally posted on Super Healthy Kids and is nut free, dairy free, and gluten free.
It’s back to school time and finding healthy snacks can be such a challenge.
Crackers can be a great snack for kids– especially, crackers that are homemade, full of nutrients, and tastes great.
The main ingredient in this cracker is sunflower seeds, and that’s what makes them a nutrition powerhouse! 1/4 cup of Sunflower seeds provides:
- 90% of the Daily value for Vitamin E (providing anti inflammatory benefits.)
- 54% of the DV for Vitamin B1
- Also a good source of manganese, magnesium, copper, and tryptophan.
- Contains 7 grams of protein!
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup flaxseed ground
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1/4 cup Water
- Place shelled sunflower seeds in a food processor or blender. Grind until it's the texture of coarse meal.
- Place seed meal into a bowl and add remaining ingredients and stir with a spoon.
- Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Spoon batter onto wax paper. Cover with wax paper and roll out with rolling pin until 1/4-1/8th inch thick. Cut out shapes.
- Place shapes on greased cookie sheet. Bake in 300 degrees oven for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and cool on wire rack.
- Delicious served with unsweetened yogurt.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The product mentioned in this article are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. The information in this article is not intended to replace any recommendations or relationship with your physician. Please review references sited at end of article for scientific support of any claims made.