30-Minute Chicken Meatball Tacos recipe was originally posted on Conscious Cleanse.
Can you really get a cleanse-friendly meal on the table in 30 minutes? Yes, you can! Between kids and full-time work, we’re always looking for fast, healthy options. And who doesn’t love Taco Tuesday?
Well, say goodbye to boring taco night! These Chicken Meatball Tacos are spiced with a pre-made low sodium herb blend, rolled into meatballs, popped into lettuce leaves, and topped with a bright veggie slaw.
Serving a non-cleansing family? No problem! Simply provide the hard corn shells or soft tortillas and some shredded cheese and you’ve got a meal that the entire family can enjoy.
30-Minute Chicken Meatball Tacos
- 1 pound organic ground chicken or ground turkey
- 1 tbsp organic low sodium taco seasoning
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 head red cabbage julienned
- 3 Green Onions chopped
- 2 Carrots grated
- 1 bunch radishes sliced
- 1 Lime zest and juice
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1 head red leaf lettuce
- cilantro sprigs garnish
- In a small bowl. place ground chicken, taco seasoning, and sea salt and mix with your hands to incorporate. Form into golf ball sized meatballs.
- In a large nonstick skillet heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil until hot and sauté the meatballs until done.
- Meanwhile in a medium-sized bowl combine cabbage, green onions, carrots, radishes, lime zest, lime juice, and 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Stir to combine and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place two meatballs in a lettuce leaf and top with the lime slaw. Serve garnished with cilantro sprigs.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The product mentioned in this article are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. The information in this article is not intended to replace any recommendations or relationship with your physician. Please review references sited at end of article for scientific support of any claims made.