Simple, creamy and insanely delicious! I'm absolutely LOVING this paleo Vanilla Coconut Ice Cream recipe from Theresa Nicassio, Author of YUM! If you've never made homemade ice cream before, no worries! It's a lot easier than you would think. With just a few simple ingredients including coconut cream, vanilla extract, and fresh dates, this yummy Vanilla Coconut Ice Cream can be yours. This recipe is perfect for a paleo-licious dessert or just a sweet afternoon treat.
No Ice Cream Machine? No Problem!
Vanilla Coconut Ice Cream Freezer-Stir Method
While more time intensive, for ice cream recipes calling for an ice cream machine, you can also manually make the ice cream with the freezer-stir method. To do this, simply pour the blended mixture into a large bowl or flat pan and set in the freezer, stirring or whisking it every 15–20 minutes to break up the crystals until it reaches your desired consistency.
Vanilla Coconut Ice Cream
- 1 13.5 oz can premium full-fat coconut cream
- 1/2 tsp Chicory Root Inulin with Stevia or your favorite sweetener
- 3-4 large dates to taste
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract, vanilla powder, or 1/2 vanilla bean
- 1/8 tsp Himalayan salt or to taste
- 1 pinch cardamom
- In a blender, process all ingredients until very creamy. If using the chilled canister-type of ice cream maker, refrigerate the blended ingredients for 1–2 hours before processing in the ice cream machine for the best results.
- Pour the chilled mixture into the ice cream maker and process according to the manu- facturer’s instructions or use the freezer-stir method.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The product mentioned in this article are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. The information in this article is not intended to replace any recommendations or relationship with your physician. Please review references sited at end of article for scientific support of any claims made.