Juice me up! Fresh pressed juices are not only delicious, they are also highly concentrated in vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients which act as powerful antioxidants. It’s good to keep in mind that because the fruits are stripped of their insoluble fiber, they become highly concentrated in sugar which can spike blood sugar levels. Constipation due to the lack of fiber is another effect to keep in mind. Beets are high in antioxidants and are anti-inflammatory; supports the liver and helps to remove toxins from your body due to the compound glutathione, and increases blood flow to the brain. [Source]
Increase fiber in your meals to prevent constipation.
Juice more vegetables than fruit to decrease sugar content in the juices.
Fresh Beet Juice
- 1 beet rinsed, lightly peeled and quartered
- 1 green apple peeled, cored and quartered
- 1 tbsp Ginger fresh, skin removed
- 3 Carrots rinsed and peeled
- 1 Lemon peeled, and quartered
- Throw everything through the juicer. Enjoy!
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The product mentioned in this article are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. The information in this article is not intended to replace any recommendations or relationship with your physician. Please review references sited at end of article for scientific support of any claims made.