Gut Supportive Prune Apricot Compote was originally posted by Robyn Puglia.
Prunes or dried plums are a good source of fiber, sorbitol (a sugar alcohol that can soften and loosen the stool) and contain high levels of phytonutrients called phenols.
Stop & Go Foods
STOP: Cherry-Berry Jelly is a beneficial treat using tart cherries (natural source of melatonin and anti-inflammatory) and kudzu root starch anti-inflammatory, calming for digestion and aid in controlling diarrhea.
GO: High fiber dried plums or prunes have a reputation for “getting things moving” and this recipe helps make the process more palatable. Prune Apricot Compote also includes healing spices Ceylon cinnamon, star anise and cardamom.
Gut Supportive Prune Apricot Compote
- 1 tsp star anise
- 1/2 tsp cardamom seeds
- 1 tsp ceylon cinnamon
- 2 cups water
- 12 ounces prunes
- 12 ounces apricots
- Put whole spices in a cheesecloth pouch or tea infuser. Cover with water; add cinnamon and bring to simmer.
- Add prunes and apricots and cook on low for 15 minutes stirring occasionally until most of water has been absorbed and fruit is very soft.
- Discard pouch of whole spices.
- Enjoy with breakfast. Store in refrigerator.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The product mentioned in this article are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. The information in this article is not intended to replace any recommendations or relationship with your physician. Please review references sited at end of article for scientific support of any claims made.
The recipe for the prune apricot compote is missing. You have the title, but the ingredients ar for the cherry berry jelly. Prune recipe is nowhere to be found. I’d like to have that one! I certainly don’t need the other!
Yes just an error. It is all fixed now. Enjoy!
I’m confused, the recipe is for the tart cherry jelly, where is the apricot Prune compote recipe? ink doesn’t work.
I am so sorry! It is all fixed now.
Thank you. I am looking forward to preparing and trying this!