Make this as a creamsicle smoothie to enjoy right away, or freeze in freezer pop forms and enjoy on a hot day. Adjust to your desired of tartness or sweetness. Dairy free, soy free, and still creamier than can be. Full of healthy fats, without any added sugar.
Creamy, nourishing, and lip-smacking lime-y. Give your kids a replenishing alternative to junky corn syrup popsicles or shakes. Tastes best with ripe organic ingredients. Don’t use processed coconut milk from a carton like So Delicious – it’s the wrong animal for this recipe. Be sure to use a good full fat organic canned coconut milk, unsweetened, and blend it to even consistency before using it, if necessary.
*Original Recipe by Judy Converse (http://nutritioncare.net/recipe/honeydew-lime-creamsicle/)
Honeydew Lime Creamsicle
- 1 1/2 cups crushed ice
- 1/2 ripe soft avocado
- 1/3 wedge ripe honeydew melon cut off rind, and cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup Lime Juice unsweetened
- 6 ounces Coconut Milk unsweetened, canned, full fat
- 4-6 drops plain stevia
- 2-6 tbsp filtered cold water
- 1 scoop organic grass fed collagen powder Bulletproof, Zint work well
- Place crushed ice in bottom of blender, followed by remaining ingredients in order shown above, except the water.
- Blend until creamy. If this is thicker than you'd like, add water as needed and blend again.
- Pour into popsicle forms and freeze, or serve immediately as a smoothie or creamy thick treat to eat with a spoon.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The product mentioned in this article are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. The information in this article is not intended to replace any recommendations or relationship with your physician. Please review references sited at end of article for scientific support of any claims made.