Healthy Spinach Salad with Avocado and Pomegranate. The sunflower seeds and spinach in this salad are top-notch sources of magnesium, which enables your body to create dopamine. The avocado’s vitamin B6 produces serotonin, a calming neurotransmitter.
- 1 pomegranate
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 bunches flat leaf spinach, stems trimmed, well washed and dried
- 2 tablespoons roasted, hulled sunflower seeds
- 1 organic avocado
- Halve pomegranate lengthwise and seed. Working in a bowl of cold water, use your hands to separate seeds from membrane. Membrane will float to the top; discard. Scoop out pomegranate seeds and pat dry.
- In a large bowl, whisk together 3 tablespoons lemon juice, mustard, and oil; season with salt and pepper. Toss spinach, sunflower seeds, and pomegranate seeds with dressing in bowl. Transfer to a serving platter.
- Halve avocado and remove pit. Scoop out flesh and thinly slice lengthwise; drizzle with remaining lemon juice. Transfer to plate and arrange salad on top. Serve immediately.
You will find on JillCarnahan.com that we have many other great recipes on offer, so head on over to our Healthy Recipe Section for a large collection of soups, starts, snacks and main courses and of course some healthy treats for you and the family.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The product mentioned in this article are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. The information in this article is not intended to replace any recommendations or relationship with your physician. Please review references sited at end of article for scientific support of any claims made.