Drinking Pure Water: An Overlooked Key to Optimal Health! Talking about pure drinking water may seem a bit boring but making sure that you are adequately hydrated and that the water you drink is free of chemicals and toxins is paramount to your health. Perhaps nothing is more basic but more important!
Did you know that blood is 92% water, brain is 75% water, and muscles are 75% water?
Getting enough pure clean water is key in achieving optimal health. Water makes up two thirds of the body and helps maintain blood volume, which maintains your energy. Proper hydration improves your concentration and reaction time. It allows the body to remove toxic waste and keeps your skin looking supple and healthy. In fact, dehydration may be a hidden factor in many types of illness.
Do you have any of these symptoms? If so, you may be dehydrated…
- Feeling sleepy or tired for no reason
- Dry sticky roof of your mouth
- Craving sweets or hunger after just having eaten
- Low blood pressure
- Throbbing headaches
- Dry, scaly skin, rashes or eczema
- Constipation or pellet-like stools
- Dizziness upon standing
- Confusion or irritability
- Infrequent urination
- Muscle cramping
- Rapid heartrate
Fun Facts about water:
- It is responsible for carrying food and oxygen to our cells and carrying away waste.
- It is the biggest playing in our blood and lymphatic drainage systems
- It helps flush out our kidneys to get rid of toxic substances.
- It moistens our eyes, mouth, and nasal passages.
- It controls the balance of electrolytes in our cells and body and regulates blood pressure
- It allows the body to cool when it is hot and insulates the body from cold.
- It cushion the body’s organs, acting like a shock absorber
- It provide many of the trace minerals we need if drinking spring or non-RO filtered water
- It assists joints with lubrication and is part of your sweat, tears, and saliva.
Most important, though, is that you have a clean source of drinking water. Whole house filters are wonderful for those who can afford them but reverse osmosis also pulls the essential minerals from your water leaving it quite acidic. It is essential to use a quality filter that gets all impurities, chemicals and toxins out! You can read articles all over the internet on the contamination of our water supply, like arsenic in well water here. In fact, a recent EPA study shows there is alarming contamination of our water supply with pharmaceutical drugs… and no one is doing anything about it. Here is the Consumer Report and the WHO report regarding prescription drugs in your drinking water. One of my favorite handouts to give patients on the topic of clean water is the EWG's Guide to Safe Drinking Water.
So, in order to practice what I preach to patients, I recently revisited the importance of clean drinking water myself and did my homework. I did researched and decided against an RO system and instead purchased my first Big Berkley (see photo below) Best. Purchase. Ever!
Boroux water filters produce purified drinking water, surpassing standards set by the military in order to be able to differentiate between water filters of different abilities. They set the bar high so that very few are able to achieve this classification. Boroux water filters not only meet this standard but surpasses it. The technology that Boroux uses to purify water is able to handle the very smallest of water contaminants, even viruses, making it on of the most powerful water filtering systems available. Better yet, you can even get a travel version! This ability is all possible using the most simple, foolproof methods, starting with micro-filtration with a pore structure so small that minute organisms are not physically able to pass through the filtration medium. For more answers to frequently asked questions, read this. If you know me well, I only tell you about things that I use myself and have found profoundly beneficial in my own healing journey. Boroux water filters are one of them 😉 So here's to all of use having healthy clean drinking water!
If you liked this post subscribe to my free newsletter today …
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The product mentioned in this article are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. The information in this article is not intended to replace any recommendations or relationship with your physician. Please review references sited at end of article for scientific support of any claims made.