Raw kale salad with pomegranate arils, orange slices and toasted slivered almonds, drowning in guilt-free scrumptious Orange Ginger dressing.
Fast facts on kale:
- It is a green, leafy, winter vegetable that is high in fiber.
- The potassium content may help reduce the risk of heart disease.
- It can be a tasty and nutritious side dish or an addition to smoothies and salads.
- Anyone who is taking blood thinning medication or who has a kidney problem should check with a doctor before adding more to your diet.
- One cup of cooked kale has over 1,000 percent more vitamin C than a cup of cooked spinach. Unlike spinach, it is low in oxalate, so the calcium and iron it provides are more easily absorbed by the human digestive system.
This recipe was originally posted on iFoodreal.