“I love salmon. I also love pesto which makes this wild salmon with basil pesto a recipe to come back to over and over again. I personally make a dairy-free basil version that is still packed with flavor. You can enjoy the pesto on ANY fish really making it really versatile.” via Shirley Plant at Delicious Alternatives.
Few single foods can bring as many health contributions to your diet in significant quantities as wild Alaskan salmon. Wild salmon is an excellent source of Omega-3 fatty acids which are necessary for optimum maternal and infant health. (source)
Did you know? Salmon provides important amounts of:
- the antioxidant amino acid taurine.
- heart-healthy vitamin B12.
- anti-inflammatory omega-3 fatty acids.
- immune-supportive selenium.
- energy-producing phosphorus.
- muscle-building protein.
- heart-healthy niacin, vitamin B12, vitamin B6, and potassium.
- bone-building vitamin D