Chicken Stock + Soup
Chicken Back and Bones
most flesh removed
large – chopped
flavorful herbs (dried)
Bay Leaves, Black Peppercorns, Dandelion Greens, Nettles, Parsley
quartered and sliced
Remaining Chicken Parts from Chicken
(from above recipe)
Sea Salt, Herbamare, or other Preferred Seasoning blend
1. Place all ingredients in a slow cooker, and cover with water.
2. Cook on high for 8-12 hours, and on low for up to another 12.
3. Once you feel it’s ready to go, strain ingredients from liquid.
4. Allow to cool and divide as needed. Use fresh stock for soup and place other into large ice trays; freeze and thaw, as needed.
1. Place onions into large, heavy bottomed pot, on medium heat. Top with oil and pinch of salt. Let cook until barely translucent.
2. Stir in celery. Cook until both are lightly browned but still firm.
3. Place chicken parts, skin down, into pan. Let brown, flip, and leave until both sides are seared.
4. Add lemon juice to de-glaze pan.
5. Add stock and seasoning to pot. Let simmer, uncovered, until chicken is cooked all the way through. Be sure that texture is firm, flesh is opaque and no blood runs from leg joints.
6. Remove chicken from pot and let cool. Add carrots to pot, cooking until tender.
7. Once chicken is cooled, pull apart from bone. Add back into soup.
8. Season and adjust as needed.
9. Serve warm, topped with parsley and lemon.
10. Store in air-tight, glass container, refrigerated, for up to 5 days.